How to create multi vendor Shopify store For e-commerce, Shopify is the great platform to start with but it has also some limits when you are scaling your business to enterprise level Shopify does not allow yet to add multi vendors and seller to Shopify store. This feature is not inbuilt in Shopify but we can use some great Shopify App to make our store multi vendors like Amazon. Amazon has millions of multi vendors this is why Amazon has so many products. Most of us start Shopify with dropshipping, dropshipping is good if you just started your business but when your store grows then drop shipping is not a good choice this is why we have to add some trusted sellers to add genuine products.
When should we switch to multi-vendor?
Managing a e-commerce with multi vendors is not an everybody cup of tea. You have to be fit and active. For managing multi vendors you have to make a team. The biggest problem with a multi vendors store is fraud vendors. I have seen many vendors who do scam with customers. And scam is not good for any brand reputation. This is why we need a team to find good vendors and sellers. Only allow trusted vendors to sell on your store. If you are thinking to switch to multi vendors then make sure you have a great team. I saw many multi vendors Shopify store which fails.
why does Shopify store fail?
1.)Starting a business with the “get rich quick mentality”.
2.)Not having a plan
3.)Refusing to do competitor and niche analysis
5.)Selling out of stock products
Switching to multi vendors is a good idea. Multi vendors store generate more sales. But u will not be a millionaire overnight. So keep patience and work hard. Set a Goal and work with a plan having a plan will help you to do better. Analyzing your competitors is always a wise step. Promote your brand smartly. Keep your inventory updated. Most newbies sell out of stocks products this is the big mistake if you will not able to fulfill the order your brand impression will be bad so don’t do that branding is important so never disappoint any customer.
Is Shopify reliable for big multi-vendor e-commerce at enterprises level?
Primarily There are two kinds of platform exist currently in the market now for e-commerce store setup
1 – Open Source Platforms
2 – Closed Source / SAAS Platforms
Open Source Platforms
There are a couple of commerce platforms including Magento, Opencart, Prestashop, Woocommerce, Virtuemart and many more which you can easily find by searching over google. Above platforms are primarily based on PHP as a server-side language. There are still open source solutions exist for other languages as well.
Closed / SAAS Source Platforms
There are a couple of closed sources / SAAS based platforms as well as Shopify, volusion, bigcommerce and many more. Here you will not get the source code of the platform like you can easily get by downloading the platform in open source platforms like Magento community edition or PrestaShop / opencart.
If your idea is to grow your company to multi-million then Shopify is not a great choice.
What about the budget?
Moving to multiple vendors need some more budget not much but like 100 to 200$ will be ok. You have to keep some additional budget for running ads more products means more budget for ads. Sellers only want to sell on the well-established website with good traffic. For good traffic, you have to keep your ads running. Ads play a lead role in any Shopify store success.
How to convince sellers to sell on your Shopify store?
The big problem is to convince vendors to sell on our Shopify store. We have to give them a good reason to sell with us. As a seller, they are already working with the big names like Amazon and eBay etc. Why a New Marketplace is needed them to join.
Before approaching seller checklist these:
- Your marketplace must on a customer base which resonates with their product type.
- Your marketplace platform should look professional and easy to manage the products and their inventories.
- You must have a payment cycle and INTENT so that they do not end up losing money.
If a seller feels that he can trust on the Marketplace Team and believes that you can do the three things required i.e. Market the Marketplace to get more sales, Make sure the money is safe & paid on time and Is willing to take care of Shipping process to ease the selling process they will get convinced to SIGN UP with you.
How to create your Shopify store multi vendors?
So to do that we have some great Shopify Apps. These apps well designed and give us a great multi-vendor platform most of them are paid. There are hundreds of apps but I will list some good apps.
Here are some great apps:
- Converts your store into a full-fledged marketplace.
- Per sale commission charged by merchant or admin.
- Seller (or vendors) can have their profile and collection page.
This module is a great tool to convert your shop into a fully functioning marketplace. It facilitates the process of adding sellers and keep track of their sales. Sellers (or vendors) can have their own profile and collection page with a variety of products. Admin (or merchant) can easily set individual commission and global commission for all the sellers.
- Admin can set global commission for all the sellers & can also set separate commission for the individual seller.
- Admin and seller, both can upload products and its variants through CSV file
- You can assign an existing product to the seller
- We can easily send a reminder to the seller for unfulfilled orders.
- Admin can set category wise commission.
- You can allow/disallow seller to have a tax on their products
- An extremely amazing feature of the Multivendor marketplace is “Reminder Feature” to remind the vendor for order fulfillment. In this, once the order is placed by the customer, the Admin can send a reminder to the vendor for order fulfillment & an automatic mail will be sent to the vendor.
- Admin can add new sellers through CSV file
- Admin to seller invoice and seller to customer invoice is also available.
- The seller can have their own ‘Profile Page’ on the store
- Admin can change the layout of the Seller Profile Page.
- The customer can rate the Seller from the Seller Profile Page.
- The customer can even add the Seller as a Favorite Seller and will receive notification about the Sellers Product Edits.
- Admin can choose the shop type.
- No security or access right issue, as only admin can log in from the backend.
- Admin can also have category commission.
MARKETCUBE.io enables you to transform your Shopify store into a fully functional multi-vendor marketplace, for products or services. MARKETCUBE.io provides a full set of marketplace management tools for you and your vendors, covering everything from vendor and inventory management to order management and accounting, making running a dropshipping business quick and easy!
10X your store without inventory overhead
Drop shipping is the most effective way to scale your e-commerce business quickly and effectively without inventory overhead. More products in your store = more traffic = more sales=increased customer loyalty.
Instantly source products from other Shopify stores
Dropship like a pro! MARKETCUBE.io enables you to connect to any Shopify store or multiple stores and sync inventory in real time, making fulfillment and tracking a breeze.
Easy migration to and from MARKETCUBE.io. No data or contract lock-ins.
With a complete set of bulk tools for import and export, it’s very quick and easy to migrate to and from MARKETCUBE.io. We hope you love the product as much as we do and will do our best to provide you with the best possible experience. MARKETCUBE.io can also support you through e-commerce platform migration if you choose to undergo one in the future.
Focus on growing your business and we will take care of technology / Enterprise-grade technology at startup prices
You don’t need to worry about the technology and support, we’ll take care of scalability and availability of your marketplace. MARKETCUBE.io offers massively scalable back-end infrastructure with complete marketplace functionality at a fraction of enterprise-grade subscription. Thanks to our serverless and microservices-based infrastructure, MARKETCUBE.io works equally well with businesses of all sizes and can handle the unlimited amount of traffic on your marketplace without taking a hit on performance.
Complete Data Privacy & Security
The quality and security of your marketplace back-end is a direct reflection of the calibre of your business. MARKETCUBE.io offers complete data privacy and protection for all of your data.
Building a marketplace requires more than just software. Our team of e-commerce and technology experts is always on hand to help you with any questions you might have, from choosing the right business model to customizing your email templates. You can contact us directly via chat window in the MARKETCUBE.io app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore unlimited opportunities of marketplace commerce with MARKETCUBE.io Sign Up today!
Complete marketplace management for you and your vendors
- Marketplace administration – complete marketplace management for you and your vendors, inclusive of branding, terms, and commission set up (various commission types and settings available)
- Vendor (supplier) onboarding and vendor management (incl. transparent marketplace operator and vendor relationship with individual accounts and activity log tracking and bulk operations.)
- Inventory management (incl. bulk operations, scheduled uploads, and functionality to sync inventory from other Shopify stores in real time.)
- Orders management – Visibility and notifications across an orders lifecycle from order creation to fulfillment. Ability to manually or automatically accept or reject orders.
- Payments & Accounting (incl. commission set up by percentage or flat rate per store, vendor, category or product volume. Complete accounting and invoicing visibility)
These two apps are the best app to create a Shopify multi-vendor store. These apps are personally my favorite.
Good luck for your e-commerce journey.